What Snapchat Updates Mean For Your Brand
Snapchat, the mobile visual application that allows for instant consumption of videos and photos has come out with some recent updates.
Although there are fun little things like filters there are two things that stood out to me: (1) applying temperature through Weather Channel data and (2) allowing users to view one snapchat per day more than once (rather than letting it self-destruct).
What this means for consumers:
- Like Instagram, consumers can now create more visually appealing content
- Consumers can add more context to their snapchats
- Consumers can re-watch snapchats that were too quick or too memorable not to watch again
What this means for marketers:
- Snapchats that are about contests, hidden previews, product launches, or special events can be viewed more than once by consumers – allowing more interactivity and potential word of mouth
- Brands can view snapchats submitted by consumers more than once, which allows for easier screenshots to view and assess for winners of contests
- Weather.com has already gotten inside Snapchat as a potential partner – which has potentially opened doors for others with context that is fitting for snapchat users
- There are more “tools” at consumer and brand disposal for making snapchat content more fun and relevant (filters, speed, temperature, location, etc)
What’s next in the photo and video app field?
Let’s see what Vine or Instagram come out with next…
This is written by Pam Sahota. Tweet her at @pamsahota.