United We Share
Social Media Club was founded in 2006 with the guiding principle, “If You Get It, Share It.” We’re humbled and proud to witness 300+ chapters around the world that believe in our mission, and hold events that bring together like-minded individuals.
To commemorate our 7th anniversary this year, we want to tell you about a special month-long event for May 2013 called “United We Share.” United We Share is putting a spotlight on our global community in the hopes we can connect with one another deeper by supporting each others events and hopefully, participating real-time.
You may already be signed up to attend a Local Chapter event in your home town, but why not consider joining one of the many livestreams taking place and meeting people from around the world? Here are a few of the chapters that are opening their events to an online audience who look forward to expanding the discussion with you, your friends, colleagues, and followers.
- Honolulu (Hawaii): May 8th at 6pm HST. What You Need To Know About Online Reviews and Customer Service On Social Media. Catch the livestream here.
- New York, NY (USA): May 9th at 6pm EST. Future of Content Marketing. Catch the livestream here.
- Sacramento, CA (USA): May 15th at 6:30pm PST. Guerrilla PR Strategies for Tech Startups. The Livestream will be avaialble here.
- Chattanooga, TN (USA): May 21st at 11:10am EST. Guest speaker: Chris Craft. The event will be livestreamed, please check back here for details.
- Philadelphia, PA (USA): 7:00pm EST. Pinterest & Instagram Marketing Suite Presented by Curalate. The event will be livestreamed, please check back here for details.
There are other great events taking place around the world and we encourage you to join them face:face if they happen to be taking place near you. Check out the Events calendar for details on the following:
- Stuttgart (Germany): May 8th at 7pm GST. Social Media Night.
- Manama (Bahrain): May 14th at 7pm. The Big Debate: Are The Benefits of Social Media Worth The Consequences?
- Amsterdam: May 14th at 6:30pm. Recruitment & social media
- San Diego, CA (USA): May 15th at 6:30pm PST. The Social Hour: Turn Your Website Into A Content Marketing Vortex
- San Francisco, CA (USA): May 15th at 6:30pm PST. B2B Social Marketing / Blazing New Trails.
- Long Island, NY (USA): May 21st at 6:00pm EST. Guest speaker, Ric Dragon (CEO of Dragon Search), will present on all things digital and search related.
- Los Angeles, CA (USA): May 21st at 6:30 PST. Publishing 2.0: Everything You Need to Know About How Social Media has Changed Publishing.
- Vancouver, BC (Canada): May 28th at 6:00pm PST. Using Meetup.com to build communities: small groups that hit it big.
- Washington, DC (USA): May 29th at 6:30pm. The Evolution of Journalism and Social Media.