Video Content – Is your Brand on Board?
The best video camera – the one you have with you. Whether it’s the video function on your phone, Vine, or the latest, Instagram video – video is a form of content that both consumers and brands alike are having not just fun with, but utilizing to express themselves. Is video right for your brand, and if so – which one?
Once your brand has decided to add visual content to its toolbox, specifically video content, it’s time to figure out how it will amplify the content you already have and fit into your overall content strategy. First step is to determine if it will involve short form video content or long form? Once you have that figured out, you can delve deeper into the benefits of the popular choices to choose from.
Short Form Video Content
The 6 second Vine
- Shoot and Share in minutes
- Embed capability for your website
- New ability to have drafts rather than publish automatically
- Save to camera roll to publish later (or store)
- A for effort when it comes to telling a story in such bite size form
- Need to be quick with the functionality and patient when shooting
- Shaky hands make the video lesser quality
The 15 second Instagram Video
- Filters for making the videos have that “instagram” feel
- Ability to decrease the shake of the camera
- Can do 15 seconds or less (more time to tell your story)
- Easily integrates with multiple social networks including tumblr
- No embed capability (but there are workarounds)
Longer Form Video Content
- The length of content can be longer than 15 seconds
- You can annotate the content to have CTAs
- You can create SEO opportunities to lead to the content
- You can create playlists for series of content
- Largest location to search for video content
- Not as simple as shoot and share
Questions on how to start your first video account for your brand? Reach out below and well do our best to answer.