SMC is looking for a Dynamic Web Development Director!
Social Media Club (SMC) is looking for someone who loves web development and has the know-how to manage our website and database. The Web Site Operations and Development Director maintains our current website and database and this individual will also be responsible for coordinating our partner web development company in our impending full website redesign project. The Web Director is expected to manage and oversee web development company we hire to development a brand new SMC website, oversee their progress, make sure they meet project milestones and agreed to deadlines, and report back status to the board.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Qualified candidates will be required to work remotely, with the majority of communications coming from email, for the duration of their 1-year, renewable term.
- Qualified candidates are expected to join an online board meeting that occurs every 2 weeks
- Qualified candidates will be responsible for updating and maintaining websites and website redesign project associated with SMC.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3/5 years experience with PHP and Mysql
- Background in web design and/or web development.
- Experience with maintaining WordPress-powered websites.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices is preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and website optimization best practices.
- Extensive experience with PHP and Mysql
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and a portfolio of work samples for this position here.