Social Media Manager[email protected]
San Francisco, California United States
Chime is dedicated to creating a dramatically new type of consumer banking experience–one that’s personalized, automatic and rewarding. We believe technology can help people lead healthier financial lives. Our goal is simple: to help people save money without having to work hard at it, and reward them for doing it so that it becomes a healthy financial habit for life.
At Chime we’re also dedicated to creating a rewarding work environment for our people. We treat one another inside the company the same way we treat our members. We communicate in ways that build trust, we operate with transparency, and have one another’s back. We believe in flat organizations and open work spaces. Every member of the team is an owner of the company and is encouraged to “Chime In” on any part of the business. We cultivate a culture of low ego and set a high bar for excellence.
We view our success as a company in part by how we help the team members who work here grow and develop in their careers. We regularly recognize the contributions of individuals, and we celebrate wins as a team. What we all have in common is a desire to work together to create something of lasting value and personal impact for our employees and members alike.
We are currently seeking a seasoned social media manager to oversee Chime’s social media channels and create all day-to-day social content. This role reports to the VP of marketing and works collaboratively with other team members in design, growth, analytics, product, engineering, and the management team. Success in this role means delivering compelling stories, campaigns and conversations that maximize reach, foster engagement, grow audiences, and maximize impact for the Chime brand across social platforms. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Develop and maintain Chime’s editorial calendar and proactively produce content appropriate for all social media channels. Tailor and optimize content based on the native strengths and audience of each platform.
- Create and manage all day-to-day social content. Ensure content aligns with the Chime brand persona and editorial voice and tone guidelines.
- Plan and execute social campaigns, promotions, and content strategies that are integrated with the overall Chime marketing plan to grow engagement, reach, audience, and impact.
- Foster relationships and conversations with highly-influential industry thought leaders and social media community members.
- Monitor and analyze conversations across key social media channels. Share insights from social communities across the company to inform marketing, product and Member Services initiatives, etc.
- Develop engagement and response strategies in partnership with Member Services. Lead real-time conversation management across social channels to foster audience engagement.
- Partner closely with our growth marketing team to develop content and campaigns that drive traffic, and acquisition goals, support SEO strategies, and align organic and paid social media efforts. Measure and analyze results from organic and paid activity to make each more effective.
- Define social media objectives, metrics and KPIs. Measure, analyze and report on qualitative and quantitative insights and business results.
- Develop point of view on social media trends and their impact on the business and marketing plans. Develop recommendations and strategies for testing emerging social platforms.
- You’ve gained 5+ years of marketing experience working for consumer brands, including 3 years of social media and hands-on community management experience. Finance experience is not a requirement for this job. In fact, it’s ideal if you’ve worked on lifestyle-focused consumer brands in fashion, retail, travel, or consumer packaged goods, etc.
- In that time you’ve developed an impressive portfolio of case studies that demonstrate a proven track record in building and growing a brand’s social presence and impact across platforms (and you’re willing to share examples). This includes experience creating, managing and publishing real-time and daily content as well as large-scale integrated campaigns across multiple social media platforms.
- You live and breathe social media both personally and professionally. You’ve gained exceptional proficiency across the major social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, LinkedIn, Vine, and Pinterest. Your personal presence on these platforms is case in point, and you’re the “go-to” for the latest social media trends, best practices, and social media management tools of the trade.
- You’re a natural storyteller and have a passion for crafting stories through words, pictures, and video. With a well defined content strategy, you’re able to generate a diverse pipeline of story ideas and effectively craft them in the look and feel as well as voice and tone of the brand.
- You don’t shy away from numbers either. As an expert in social media, you’ve honed your analytical skills so that you can evaluate the success of social media efforts from a quantitative and financial perspective. You’re fluent in social media metrics, analytics, and benchmarks including tools for tracking and understanding attribution from social media.
- You’re a hybrid of a strategic thinker and tactical executor. You can articulate the big picture strategic approach, and simultaneously roll up your sleeves to execute. While both are important, you have a bias for action and delivering results.
- Words matter, and you pride yourself on your writing, editing, and stylistic sensibility. You live and breath the editorial and brand style guidelines to ensure every piece of copy communicates an identifiable persona and point of view. You have a quick wit and can generate content that’s on brand and on point, on the fly.
- You understand that a picture is worth a way more than 140 characters. You have a keen visual sense, an eye for detail, and mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for images across social platforms.
- Regardless of the size of company you find yourself working in, you are entrepreneurial, self-directed, resourceful, and able to thrive with minimal guidance.
How To Apply:
Tell us why you’re perfect for the Social Media Manager role at Chime in your cover letter and include links to your social profiles so we can check them out!