Community Manager, gTech ConsumersMountain View, California United States
Google’s Consumer Operations team is on a mission to delight the hundreds of millions of consumers who rely on our flagship products like Gmail, Android, Chrome and Google Play. We’re an operational team that focuses on delivering excellent customer care and being there for consumers when they need us most. Our team engages consumers across the globe through our online resources and communities, social outreach, and 1:1 care. We represent the voice of the consumer and work closely with cross-functional partners across Google to make our products and policies better. We’re looking for people who are passionate about focusing on the consumer and helping them get the most out of Google. So if you’re excited about representing Google and delighting our consumers, join us!
The Community Manager is part of the gTech Consumers team. You own the relationships between a Google product and its users. You are the expert on building dynamic, high quality online and real-world communities and user engagement. You nurture the community and interact with our users through forums, conferences or wherever they are! You cultivate relationships with some of our most active users of products like Google+, Docs, Maps, Offers, AdWords, Wallet etc. You are in tune with the community climate and can influence key external stakeholders to make critical product or process changes. You are well-versed in social media and online community trends, technology and strategies, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere.
- Represent Google by growing and managing a Google product community, building healthy relationships with users to resolve issues, educate and advocate our products.
- Guide power users and influencers to represent Google through relationships, coaching, training and problem-solving.
- Drive community strategies to ensure forum health and users’ questions/feedback receive quality, timely answers.
- Own, understand and report on community health and success. Analyze quantitative and qualitative feedback to identify trends and insights into user needs.
- Lead new innovations in community programs, including process improvements, best practice sharing and measuring and driving community health.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in online user to user support, social media, or marketing communications for consumer-focused communications.
- Knowledge of Google technology, the Internet and social media.
- Strong people skills to build relationships with our current and potential users.
- Familiarity with processes for collecting user feedback and translating into actionable insights.
- Excellent project manager and self-starter, with the ability to work independently across multiple concurrent initiatives in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, business judgment, strategic and analytical capabilities. Strong judgment in navigating and resolving sensitive situations.
How To Apply:
You can apply for this position here.