Social Customer Care Communications ManagerPalo Alto, California United States
Social Customer Care Communications Manager-1438110
Come join the dynamic and fast-paced environment of customer service & support within HP’s $56 billion Printing & Personal Systems division, where you will gain valuable experience and be exposed to our social customers care operations. We are the fastest growing support channel within HP, with a team that is based across the US, EMEA and Asia Pacific. Every second, four customers turn to social media for HP printer, PC or tablet support.
On the surface this seems straightforward: A customer posts, and we reply. However, supporting customers in social media is much more involved. To handle the complexity and increase in volume, HP created the Social Customer Care team in 2008 with the charter of creating an HP online community to help consumers get answers. Within a year, we extended our reach to serve communities in seven languages, developed one of the first employee engagement programs in the industry, and launched support in Twitter.
Today, HP reaches out to customers posting questions on 103 sites around the world from Amazon Reviews to WeChat. It has a world class customer and employee advocate program called the HP Expert Program. The insights gained from listening to customers and improving products and support content helps improve the overall customer experience.
- The communications manager helps the organization articulate the importance of social customer care both within and outside of the company.
- We are looking for the right person to create and execute innovative programs to continue positioning HP as a thought leader in Social Customer Care.
- You will create content designed for blogs, Twitter chats, podcasts, speaking opportunities, media, and more, with the goal of explaining and humanizing HP Social Customer Care.
- You will manage through complex and often unforeseen challenges and strong relationships with key internal stakeholders across businesses and geographies.
- You will provide expertise to diverse groups and leaders, educating the organization on social support growth.
- You will continuously assess the company’s social media practices, competitive execution, general consumer generational social adoption, and key trends, with the aim of constantly innovating and differentiating HP Inc. in ways that are unique and relevant, via social support.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in global Digital Marketing with a focus in social media, including oversight of global and regional efforts
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (support forums, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)
- Proven ability to be a trusted communications advisor to senior management, program managers, and practitioners.
- Ability to develop and edit compelling on-message content collateral, videos, and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure and ambiguity, managing resources and several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and organizational communication opportunities.
- Experience developing value propositions, social content streams, and keynote presentations.
- At minimum, Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or communications.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Acknowledged mastery of marketing and communication principles, practices, tactics and tools.
- Superior knowledge of social media and support a plus
- In-depth understanding of the industry, social support landscape and consumer customer personas
- Stellar planning, project and budget management skills
- Stellar problem solving to manage through ambiguity and complexity.
- Ability to build, manage and influence global virtual teams
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and functional disciplines, both within and outside HP
- Demonstrated executive and practitioner speaker support and coaching.
- Strong influencing and consensus-building skills
How To Apply:
You can apply for this position here.