I didn’t set out to be a social media rule-breaker. I’ve always been more of a teacher’s pet type, honestly. But the more I get to know what some in the social media industry are pushing as doctrine, the more rebellious I get.
Social media guidelines are nice, but there’s no reason to accept them as gospel. Your brand isn’t average, so the average social media plan isn’t going to cut it. What works for a local brand may not work for an international one. What works for B2C may not work for B2B. You get the idea.
1. The best time to post is …
2. Be on every social network
3. Respond to every comment and mention
4. Follow everyone who follows you
5. Ask for the action
6. “Be yourself”
7. Don’t repeat content
8. It’s all about fans and followers
9. Focus on influencers
10. Create a strategy and stick to it
What social media rules have you broken? Let me know in the comments!
Image Credit: Bigstock Photo