Launching #mysmcstory to capture professional and personal impacts of Social Media Club
This week Social Media Club launched our first ever fundraiser which will help expand SMC's efforts to meet our global missions of sharing best practices and promoting digital media literacy across our more than 325+ chapters in 52 countries. Our 2012 goals include, hiring our first Executive Director, along with strengthening our editorial content, focusing on chapter expansion into the higher education space and major developments on our community portal to better connect our members.
As part of the fundraiser, we're asking YOU to share your Social Media Club story. If you've attended a meeting, share what you learned. If you've connected with professionals, met a client, met your mate, scored a new job, tell us!
Capture your personal story via blog post or shoot a video sharing how Social Media Club has impacted you and link to our fundraising drive. Be sure to tag your story with #mysmcstory & share it on Twitter and we will promote it across our global networks, and even feature it on our Clubhouse blog!
Over the coming weeks, we'll be sharing stories of leaders and members who have been professionally and personally impacted by participating in Social Media Club events.
SPREAD THE WORD
Know someone else who has benefited from Social Media Club? Forward this blog to them, we want to hear from all our members across the globe!
We are launching a major fundraising drive to secure the funds we need to be continue to provide free and low cost social media educational events across the globe. Please donate whatever is personally significant to you for the value you have received from Social Media Club via http://socialmediaclub.org/ or you may call us at 1.415.692.1002 between the hours of 8:30am - 6pm PST (Monday - Saturday) and we would be happy to process your credit card directly.
Here are some of our members who have shared their Social Media Club story:
- Chris Heuer (Social Media Club San Francisco and our Chairman)
- Daniel Tan (Social Media Club Kuala Lumpur)
- Geoff Livingston (Social Media Club DC)
- Gwendolyn Woltz (Social Media Club Hawaii)
- Howard Greenstein (Social Media Club New York)
- Jessica Murray (Social Media Club Chicago and our Community Manager)
- Laura Good (Social Media Club Sacramento)
- Natalie Petouhoff (Social Media Club Los Angeles)
- Nick Cicero (Social Media Club Jacksonville)
- Shauna Causey (Social Media Club Seattle)
- Brad Hogenmiller (Social Media Club St. Louis)
- Ali Sabkar (Social Media Club Bahrain)
- Terri Swiatek (Social Media Club Buffalo)
- Shikha Pakhide (Social Media Club Pune)
- Tara Coomans (Social Media Club Hawaii)
- Doug Haslam (Social Media Club Boston)
- Jeannie Walters (Social Media Club Chicago)
- Barbara Rozgonyi (Social Media Club Chicago)
- Jeff Willinger (Social Media Club Chicago)
- Tim McDonald (Social Media Club Chicago)
- Lee Odden (Social Media Club Small Business Member)
- Sean McGinnis (Social Media Club Chicago)
- Kellye Crane (Social Media Club Atlanta)
We are looking forward to seeing your stories come through and sharing them with the rest of the community! (