Need your vote! SxSW 2011 Panels from your Social Media Club members.
SXSW® Interactive features five days of presentations, parties and some of the best networking opportunities I have ever had in my life. Some call it 'Geek Spring Break', I call it a must attend event if you wish to easily connect to a global community of your tech loving peers in the shortest amount of time possible.
Several of Social Media Club's Members and Chapter Leaders have panels that are up for vote and we hope they are selected and featured on the schedule. To help make that happen, take a read through these and if you feel the love, please log onto the SxSW website and vote for the one(s) that move you. There are healthcare enthusiasts. There are pranksters. There are community builders. There are business owners. There is a little something for everyone here. The polls are open until August 27, 2010 - but don't wait until the last minute...vote now my friends.
- Building Global Communities: This is the story of how an idea and belief in shared values has bound together 100's of thousands of people around the world. Social Media Club's mantra - "If you get it, share it" - highlights "sharing" as the key verb we should associate with social media, but when you dig deeper, its much more then what you see on the surface. Panelists included: @serena @kevinurie @jasonfalls @conniereece @kristiewells
- Serve the Market, Not The Stock Market: High level overview of a very big idea that also discusses the power of social media, the leveraging of web technology and a different model for thinking about the role of "the firm". Speaker: @chrisheuer
- Transmedia Storytelling - LOST Style: Using examples from LOST as the backdrop, this panel will discuss creative use of transmedia storytelling to engage the fans and generate buzz; and how this approach can be used to drive higher audience engagement for your brands/products. Speakers: @dougmeacham @girlgamy
- World Wide Working - CoWorking & Collaboration: Our panel focuses on the international co-working space from a creation and management perspective. We touch on how each space was created, funded, and continues to operate. We will look at various forms of monetization and sponsorship opportunities. Speakers: @chrisheuer @xpoxpo @lacantine @techhub @nwc @pariSoma
- The Social Media Dilemma for Publicly-Held Companies: Social media! It's not just for the PR team anymore. Work for a publicly-held company? Are you aware of the rules and regulations you need to know to keep yourself and your company out of hot water with the SEC? This panel will discuss how the SEC rules and regulations surround social media as well as how investor relations programs can use social media successfully. Speakers: @serena and others TBA
- Startup Success: Entrepreneurial Women Share the Team-Building Secret: How do you go from idea to launch to national and international success? The Secret: Team-Building. Learn what it takes from a team of successful women who have formed their own companies and continue to help others. Speakers: @rynda @Bakespace @ColetteBallou @acoolong @StaceySoleil
- Frosting the Law: Building a Safe Prank Group: Public pranks and flashmobs range from epic dance arrangements to little in-jokes. They can cheer people up, get attention, promote an idea, be a hell of a lot of fun... and also get you into lots of trouble. We’ll give you all of our tips and history, what worked and what didn’t, what we wanted to do and what fell short. Speakers: @jmoriarty @evo_terra @nelz9999
- Controlling Health Care Costs Through Social Media: Patient communities, remote monitoring, personal responsibility tools all exist to help patients avoid expensive hospitalization for chronic conditions. Speakers: @hardaway @Karoli @empowHer
- Have Fun to Increase Customer Engagement: People are more likely to converse and interact with others who are friendly and sociable. Companies who stop marketing traditionally and instead think about how to have fun with their customers, create brand advocates who generate awareness and influence within their networks. Speakers: @davemurr @sazbean @betsyweber @beverlycornell
- Size Matters: Engaging The SMB Customer: Opportunities to engage abound, but how does one reach key decision makers in this ever-changing landscape? Hear directly from leading brands that are engaging with the SMB customer. Speakers: @jennifered @MicrosoftSMB @CiscoSystems @yelp @bondjanebond
- Non Profits have a nice selection: Method Tweeting for Nonprofits, Your Nonprofit goes Mobile and/or Nonprofits and Free Agents? Speakers: @daveiam @Kanter @evesimon @HSUS @NWF @starfocus @cariegrls
- PR and SEO Battle for Social Media Domination: Award-winning tweeter and PR Maven tussles with internationally known SEO guru over who should "own" social media. They will discuss who should manage the strategy, messaging, tactics and budget for social media marketing. Speakers: @CarriBugbee @Aimclear
- K.I.S.S. and Your Brand: Keep it simple stupid. In today's business world with online branding, Social Networking and short attention spans, you need to keep your message simple. Speakers @DavePeck
Kicking Community Ass: Building Better Influence. Come to find out how to spread influence in 10 steps or less. Speakers: @DavePeck @sujamthe
My Kindergartner Markets Better Than You. This panel aims to focus on the rudimentary principles of marketing often overlooked by both new and established businesses. Special attention will be paid to "playground tactics" and ways that kids can influence others with far more success than adults. Speakers:@DavePeck @BullfrogMedia