Nielsen Q3 Social Media Report Reveals Increase in Social Apps & Social Networks Reach 80% of U.S.
Just last week, Nielsen released their Social Media Report for third quarter.
Some interested statistics in the report include,
- Social Networks and blogs reach nearly 80% of active U.S. Internet users
- Americans spend more time on Facebook than any other U.S. website
- Nearly 40% of social media users access social media content through their mobile phone
- Social networking apps are the third most-used among U.S. smartphone users
- Men stream more videos through social networks and watch them longer
- 53% of active adult social networkers follow a brand
Nielsen also measured which countries spend the most time on social networks and blogs (in order of most time spent),
- Australia, 7 hours 17 minutes.
- Spain, 4 hours 42 minutes
- United States
- United Kingdom
To view the entire Social Media Report Q3 from Nielsen, see below or visit here.