Social Media Club June Book Club Webinar Recap: The B2B Social Media Book
Earlier this month we introduced our June Book Club feature The B2B Social Media Book: Become a Marketing Superstar by Generating Leads with Blogging, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, E-mail, and More by Kipp Bodnar and Jeffrey L.Cohen.
A big thanks to Kipp and Jeffrey for joining us for a members-only webinar yesterday to share a deeper dive on B2B social strategy and answer participant questions.
Also, Thanks to our Book Club partner Wiley Publishing, we were able to send copies to several of our chapter leaders and Professional members to review on our behalf. Check out our reviewers main takeaways from The B2B Social Media Book, Jennifer Gerlock, Vickie Bates and Chris Craft and Craig Yaris.
Missed the webinar? Visit the video below for the full webinar,
Here are some main takeaways:
- 73% of CEO's don't believe their marketers drive revenue to their companies
- Old way of lead generation, List > Mailer > Track > ROI
- Lead generation in social includes, Product pg, tweets, "likes", +1, blog posts, with all traffic driving to landing page = lead
- Three keys to success, 1. build network of strong ties 2. influence connections, interaction, affection and time > follow. friend. connect. with people 3. master social conversion
- 60% of sales cycle is over before a buyer talks to your sales person
- "Engagement as marketing metric is fundamentally wrong"
- B2B Example of effective use of Facebook, Fluke Corporation
- B2B Example of effective use of Pinterest, General Electric & their 'That's genius' board
- B2B Example of effective use of Slideshare, Breaking Point - 1,000+ views of highly niche content
Congrats to webinar participant Joe Gecks, member of SMC Milwaukee who won a free copy of the book for attending the The B2B Social Media Book webinar.
To purchase your copy of The B2B Social Media Book, please visit Amazon.
*Disclosure, this is an affiliate link and Social Media Club will most likely earn $0.02 if you order this book. Think of it as a way to help fund our media literacy programs!
Want to be a Book Club reviewer?
If you're a Professional member or chapter leader and are interested in participating in a future Book Club review, email Jessica @ socialmediaclub dot org for details. We have some excellent titles scheduled through 2012 and always looking for professionals to review on our behalf.