Derek Bruff on Social Pedagogies at the Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship, Georgetown University
Derek Bruff, an assistant director at the Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching and a senior lecturer in the Vanderbilt University Department of Mathematics, is also the author of Teaching with Classroom Response Systems: Creating Active Learning Environments(Jossey-Bass, 2009).
Randy Bass is the Executive Director at CNDLS and Assistant Provost for Teaching and Learning Initiatives at Georgetown. He is a recognized leader in the field of educational change and recipient of the 1999 EDUCAUSE medal for outstanding achievement in technology and undergraduate education.
I’ll live-tweet highlights from the talk throughout its duration using the #socialped hashtag.
#SMCEDU chat is still scheduled to take place at 12:30pmET with Social Media Club community manager Jessica R. Murray as guest host. Additionally, AU SMCEDU continues their Hashtag the Campus campaign under the #SMCEDU hashtag, so be prepared to parse through some diverse tweets!
- Transcript of live tweets:http://wthashtag.com/transcript.php?page_id=24549&start_date=2011-02-07&end_date=2011-02-08&export_type=HTML
- Link to Derek Bruff’s homepage: http://derekbruff.com/site/
- Link to Derek’s post on participatory culture: http://derekbruff.com/teachingwithcrs/?p=905&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TeachingWithClassroomResponseSystems+(Teaching+with+Classroom+Response+Systems)
- Link to Randy Bass’s White Paper on Social Pedagogies: https://digitalcommons.georgetown.edu/blogs/bassr/social-pedagogies/
- Link to Gardner Campbell’s podcast, mentioned during the talk: http://www.gardnercampbell.net/blog1/?p=263