2012 Marketing Year in Review
In terms of milestones, it was a year of Olympics, PSY’s Gangnam Style, Samsung Galaxy S3and The Avengers making the leap from Marvel’s comic books to the blockbuster movie screen.For me personally, I had the huge milestones of getting married to the love of my life Rachel, and starting an awesome new job at Samsung.
- Top viral videos, including KONY, Dumb Ways To Die and Bodyform’s social media comeback.
- Samsung taking the global mobile leadershipposition, and taking it to Apple (with a sense of humour).
- Samsung becomes the number 1 brand in Asia.
- Red Bull and Felix Baumgartner’s groundbreaking Stratos space supersonic freefall: http://www.redbullstratos.com
- Coca-Cola spreading some happiness.
- Instagram giving entrepreneurs a billion dollars worth of hope.
- Facebook generating some serious ROI (for Samsung Galaxy S3).
- There were also some fantastic campaigns like:
- Campaign Asia’s Agency Of The Year winners: Leo Burnett in Australia took our top Creative Agency, Visual Jazz Isobar as top Digital Agency http://www.aoyawards.com/anz/winners; DDB as Creative Agency, Isobar as Digital Agency of the year in Southeast Asia: http://www.aoyawards.com/sea/winners; BBDO/Proximity as Creative Agency, Trio Digital Integrated as Digital Agency in China: http://www.aoyawards.com/china/winners; and Cheil Worldwide taking top honours in Korea: http://www.aoyawards.com/japankorea/winners
- Marketing Magazine’s Agency Of The Year winners: Possible Worldwide in Singapore, Leo Burnett/Arc in Malaysia and Ogilvy & Mather in Hong Kong: http://www.aotyawards.com
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!