How to Expand Your Email List With Facebook
Finding the right strategy that will lead to acquiring more customers can be a bit of head-scratcher. Even with the multitude of resources social media provides, it’s not always simple to know which strategy is best to attract customers to your brand. One approach to winning more customers is through expanding your email list.
Generally, people need benefit-driven reasons to signup to an email marketing list. Give them a reason to join your email marketing subscriber list with a proactive Facebook social media strategy. As a bonus, this will increase engagement on your Facebook page.
Try out these five comprehensive tips for expanding your email list:
1. Custom Apps: Social media apps are relatively easy to install and incorporate in your social media strategy. Add an email signup custom app to the designated app section of your Facebook profile. Tip: Try out the Email Signup app to get you started.
2. Sweepstakes: In addition to outlining clear benefits to joining your email list, increase your numbers by holding a sweepstakes. This promotion-based activity excites and encourages potential prospects to consider your brand through incentivizing their experience.
3. Causes: If you’re an advocacy-based organization or non-profit, Facebook Pledges have proven to be quite effective in developing your email marketing list. Here is a terrific example of a “Stop Bullying” pledge. These pledges help your organization build a community and make a difference, while continuing to grow your prospect list.
4. Contests: Competition increases engagement and compels people to interact with your brand. There are a number of Facebook contests you can employ, particularly utilizing photo and video. Make sure the prize you are offering is relevant to your brand. For example, if you’re a travel agency, you want to give people the chance to win a trip, not a new piece of furniture. Contests can have a great impact on your brand if administered in a strategic way. Here are more useful tips.
5. Facebook Offers: Ask yourself, "what can you offer your potential customers?" With Facebook Offers, you can target discounts, promotions, deals to your fans. Whether you’re a retailer offering a 20% coupon on the upcoming winter collection, or providing a discount on an informative event you’re hosting, this tool not only promotes your business, but captures interest in a simple; yet impactful way.
While these steps are meant to improve your social media presence, attract leads, and increase engagement, it’s important to have a social media marketing plan beforehand.
If you want to learn even more strategies for mastering Social Media marketing, check our our upcoming Social Media Strategies Summit: Las Vegas 2014 from Feb. 5th-7th and remember that all SMC members can save 15% on their registration by using the discount code TDSMC15./>