Thank You Community and Farewell 2012!
2012 marked the first full year of the Paper.li Community Blog and as the year comes to a close, it just wouldn’t feel right ending it without chiming in with a “Best of the Paper.li Community Blog 2012″ post.
The Back Story
The Paper.li Community blog was started the end of 2010 with a simple goal; to shine the spotlight on the people behind the Paper.lis on the newsstand. We wanted a place where we could tell your stories, feature your interviews, share your knowledge, how-tos, case studies and best practices with the rest of the community. And guess what, it worked. With 138,000+ views in 2012 it’s safe to say the community loves what the community has to say and share!
The Best of 2012
Out of the 140 posts published by and about the community this year, here are top 15 selected by number of views in two categories; Interviews and How-tos. I could slice and dice by Tweets, RTs, Comments, Shares, Likes and the list goes on, but the bottom line is that every piece of content on this blog is quality and worth reading.
So here goes with top views this year and kudos to our contributors:
15 Most Viewed Interviews and Publisher Stories
- Jay Frost: How Nonprofits Can Raise More Funds
- JD Beebe: How Curating Content Got Me a Job
- Brian Gray: How to Market a Niche Product Everywhere but Antartica
- Catherine Wybourne: The Digital Nun
- Stephen Hughes: The Society of Cool
- Karen Dietz: Whoever Tells The Best Stories Wins
- Iman Bibars: Social Entrepreneur Changing Lives
- Wendy Maxwell: A Woman Who Really Cares
- Victoria Lennox: Building a Startup Nation
- Hélène Lavoix: Using the Internet to Prevent Conflict
- Julie Mollins: New Ways To Break The Humanitarian News
- Natasha Younge: Shorty Award Nominee
- Rich Brooks: Holistic Web Marketing From The Expert
- Theresa Cramer: 5 Tips For Self Publishing
- Natan Edelsburg: How to Connect With Journalists on Twitter
20 Most Viewed Publisher How Tos in 2012
- Top 8 Social Media Plugins for Your Blog or Website by Pragmati Bidkar
- Facebook for Business: 10 Do’s and Don’ts by Tiffani Frey
- How to Automatically Syndicate Your Blog Posts by Douglas Lim
- Fans Are Not What Facebook Says They Are by Mack Collier
- 5 Ways to Break Away From Helvetica and Give Your Pages Pizzazz by Pamela Wilson
- How to Establish a Writing Habit by Evren Kiefer
- How to Make Twitter Work for Your Business: Part 1 by Keith Keller
- 5 Ideas to Brand Yourself with Paper.li by Cendrine Marrouat
- 13 Ways to Promote and Market Your Business Blog by Rich Brooks
- Whoever Tells the Best Stories Wins by Karen Dietz
- How to be a Guest Blogging Rockstar by Ann Smarty
- SEO Topics: What to Write. How to Rank by Andy Crestodina
- 5 Social Media Marketing Safety Tips: Part 1 by Martin Smith
- 7 Ways to Thrive in Your Online Business By Simply Being Yourself by Adam Troudart
- Why a Content Curator Is Not An Editor by Liz Wilson
Like most great accomplishments, there is a team to credit; veteran blogger Stephanie Booth who helped to establish the frame work, process and much needed essentials to get the Paper.li Community blog off the ground; long-time journalist Liz Wilson who took on many roles such as Editor-in-Chief, Chief Interview Correspondent and all things copywriting; Evren Kiefer who lends his knowledge to all things content, strategy and blogging; and you, the Paper.li Community blog contributors who have taken the time to be interviewed, author posts and share you knowledge. You are all truly awesome. Thank you.
I’m looking forward to another great year with you and 2013 will start off with a bang. So tune in next Monday for our first guest post of the year with Intel’s Global Social Innovation Strategist, Ekaterina Walter.
Happy celebrations and Happy New Year!
Image credit: Paul Moody