Top Six Tweetworthy Tips From the Social Media in B2B Panel at the IndiaSocial Summit 2010
I had fun moderating the ‘Social Media in B2B’ panel at the IndiaSocial Summit 2010.
The panel members included Hari V Krishnan from LinkedIn (@harivk), Amrit Ranjan from Slideshare (@amitranjan), Prem Kumar Aparanji from Cognizant (@prem_k), Sanjay Sahay from Infosys (@sanjay_sahay), and my friend and ex-colleague Gautam Ghosh (@gautamghosh).
Here are some of the key takeaways from the panel, in a tweet-friendly format:
1. @harivk: Context and relevance are the key to social media marketing for B2B players.
2. @amritranjan: In B2B, social media marketing is all about putting your employees in the front and positioning them as thought leaders.
(Tip: Slideshare now allows you to link company profiles to individual profiles.)
3. @prem_k: Social CRM can help B2B companies engage and support customers across multiple touchpoints.
4. @gautamghosh: Companies can’t be social outside and anti-social inside.
5. @sanjay_sahay: In B2B, sales cycles are really long, so social media marketing is not about lead generation, but about thought leadership.
My bonus tip:
6. @gauravonomics: B2B companies should host communities of practice to connect (with) professionals in their industry.
What about you? What are your top three tips for social media marketing in the B2B context? Do share your insights in the comments below.
If you liked these posts, consider interviewing me for a story, inviting me to speak at a conference or workshop, or asking MSLGROUP to create a social media strategy for your brand. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call me at +91-9999856940, or connect with me on Twitter.