Visualize your data from database tables into Bubble pack layout using d3js
Previously we saw how to build D3js Analog clock on the dashboard
In the same note, we dig deeper and now take our data from database tables and visualize into pretty bubbles.
Here is how the tabular data looks like
Saudi Arabia 628.89
And this is what we get the final result as
You can check the complete dashboard visualization here
Here are the steps to produce this kind of visualizations. In D3js it is called the bubble pack layout. Leaving the technicals of d3js aside we will follow the simple steps to get the beautiful bubbles.
If you hover your mouse you can see details of the numbers associated with each bubble.
Data Source: We used the following Excel file as our data source. sales_data_excel_file
1. We upload the data to our personal cloud warehouse using this method
2. We use the below SQL to get summary data
select country_name,sum(amount_sold) total_amount
group by country_name
3. We drag the custom draw widget
4. In the data source we select personal cloud and add the following SQL
6. Click OK and you will see the bubbles. That is it!
1. Just make sure whatever data you want to visualize, the first column is the category or the dimension value.
2. The second column should be the numeric or the metrics.
3. You can have more columns in your SQL but only the first two columns will be considered.
Final Dashboard : https://my.infocaptor.com/dash/mt.php?pa=rename_new_510da16b539c7