Why Livefyre is Here Again
I installed Livefyre on my blog in July 2011.
The comment system remained for three months.
Today I bring it back.
How to comment with Livefyre
1. Write your comment inside the box at the bottom of every post.
You are not limited to words but you can also tag Twitter and Facebook friends as I illustrate below.
2. Post your comment.
You will initially see a “Post comment as” button.
Clicking it provides you a choice of sign-in options, from logging into a Livefyre account to using your Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, or OpenID accounts.
If you click Facebook, for instance, then your subsequent comments will have your name hyperlinked to your Facebook account.
Future comments should allow you to merely “Post comment.”
Why Livefyre is here
My blog metrics indicate that you are very likely to visit this blog after clicking a link on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social platforms.
Why should you be forced to use the vanilla WordPress commenting system to type your name and a website when you can now link your name to that Facebook or Twitter account?
I expect this social commenting system, including the tagging ability, will be a welcome sight.
Give it a try.
Effective August 12, 2012, Disqus is here instead. Stay tuned.
Please continue reading Why Livefyre is Here Again and leave a comment if inspired.
When he's not blogging, Ari helps brands improve their digital media marketing. Got a question? Need help? Contact Ari today!
- There will always be a link — and there will always not be a ... by Ari Herzog
- hhmmm, I think so. I don't know the others, but I am a bit ... by andrea
- That is worthy of a new blog post, huh? by Ari Herzog
- I have managed to get it sorted… Entering the FB address ... by andrea
- Livefyre will not show comments from Facebook unless you enable ... by Ari Herzog
- Plus 3 more...