Food Day @ AU
Join us to celebrate Food Day from Oct. 24th – 26th to highlight a food system that fundamentally respects human dignity and health, animal welfare, social justice and environmental sustainability. Food Day is about exploring the impact of our food system from seed to plate.
Events will include three days of information, analysis and opportunities to get involved in your food chain.
- Food Day Fair 11-2 on Quad: photo-booth, music, interactive tables and FREE CHIPOTLE BURRITOS!
- TDR Meatless Monday lunch challenge by Veg Heads
- Frutival TEDx viewing party 11-2 in SIS Founders
- MAIN EVENT: Food Inc Screening 7pm in Ward 1
Tuesday Oct 25th: The Deeper Analysis
- MAIN EVENT: “Following the Food Chain” panel in the SIS Founders Room at 7pm-9pm Featuring AU Professors: Dr. Nicholson, Dr. Graddy, and Dr. Berry as well as Robert Eggers (Founder of DC Central Kitchen), and a rep from Food and Water Watch
After the panel, stay for a food reception and learn about opportunities for getting involved on campus through student-run clubs and local non-profits.
Wednesday Oct 26: The Call to Action
- Farmers Market Recipe/Garden event on Quad 11-2
Come by the quad near Kay and learn about our recipe book that highlights produce sold in AU’s very own local Farmer’s Market. Eating local is as easy a walk to the quad every Wednesday. Also, stop by our table and learn more about AU’s campus garden!
It’s time to eat real, American! Join us for three days of information, analysis and action to get involved in your individual, local and global food chain.