Minutes from the Board Telecon
We held our first ever telecon, thanks to all who joined. For those who didn’t here are the notes:
- Amy Phillips
- Ian Mahaney
- Bridget Forney
- Erica Hebrank
- Daniel Waldman
Board agreed that our first priority is to make sure all positions are filled. This will be finalized at an in-person meeting the week of May 17.
Board agreed that the first event should be a cocktail hour/informal networking event, to take place in 1st two weeks of June.
Recommended Location: ETC Canton
Date: TBD (sometime in the first 2 weeks of June)
Future Topics for Events
- Mobile Social Web Panel
- How to determine ROI of social media
- How to generate revenue and justify cost of social media
- How social media can increase productivity
- Women in Social Media
- Social Media in Education
- Government 2.0
- How to develop a SM Strategy
- How to leverage your FB audience
- Time-saving: How to efficiently manage social media
- Privacy Issues in Social Media
- Is SM a waste or beneficial?
- How to use SM collaboratively
- Crowd Sourcing: Facts & Fiction
Board agreed that we should attempt to secure 2-3 national figures each year.
Daniel suggested we do a highway (695) tour. Others seconded this idea. Board agreed to try to map this out once a full year of programming is developed.
- Daniel will reach out to Jennifer Gunner (GBTC) for sponsorship & location for 1st event.
- Amy will get sponsorship process/guidelines from Justin Herman.
- Amy will provide twitter/FB and website access to Board Members.
Thanks to Daniel for the notes. We have tentaively decided to meet on the evening of May 20th. Please check back for more info!