Have a FB profile and business page
Does the FB algorithm really prevent you from showing up in people’s newfeed?
yes it is true, it is reinforcing what your activity is
this forces pages to put up regular posts, be out there on a regular basis
- Just Vino - Social Media
- Trying to do more with Social Media, already post events etc.
- Scheduling posts through Facebook
the interface is confusing
for some it’s not functioning properly, posting at the wrong time
- Some people have been getting errors
This isn’t working for everyone
Now #’s and links show up with a large thumbnail, including link to what you are talking about
- Twitter changed its FB integration, added live links
They can’t really enforce it to people
Twitter and Tumblr have very similar T logos - maybe that’s why they changed it?
- Twitter - New Logo
- Some people didn’t realize some of the versions there were using were in violation of Twitter’s terms
If someone doesn’t have their own URL, some say they wouldn’t take them seriously as a business, not taking their own business seriously and investing in it
Professional vs. younger demographic
It is suitable for its audience
there is no way to comment, but you can add on Disqus in the code - but doesn’t always function properly
Missing E - useful Tumblr add on
Where does your content go if it shuts down?
FB for business has the same problem (but can download a zip of your info for a personal page)
People will leave it when it becomes too popular
Will this lead to niche social media sites?
Be forward thinking - don’t be tied to the platform
the buzz can get killed quickly ( pinterest, G+)
- Some people love it
simple blogger platform, like Tumblr but with comments
not a lot of people use it
- Anyone use it?
3rd party, one image on as many sites as possible
has large buttons
has some flexibility, make a shortened version of your long post for a tweet vs FB
- If This Then That - iftt.com
- script/post something to foursquare, for example, then that posts to other social media sites
It is a how-to or step by step guide site, good for recipes, DIY etc.
How easy is it to make a tutorial? Not sure
Same idea as Pinterest, can friend/follow people
A company could use it for the instructions of their products
- Snap Guide
- Logo looks like Pinterest
need to have guidelines, in some cases you need to have insurance
FB has rules - need to use a 3rd party app
Pay attention to your audience - Billsmafia - follow & RT for a wristband
Contests are a good way to build an audience
Zoo - When you deal with monetary prizes there are legal hoops you have to deal with, they did a polar bear baby naming contest to win a membership
Is violating the rules worth having your page shut down?
- Contests on Twitter/other?
- Some people have advised clients not to do them, there are a lot of issues with the terms
there is a developer link on the bottom of the FB site that can be helpful
always post new content, maintain it or don’t do social media
- Custom FB tabs - doe sthat have to be done through a 3rd party app?
- can borrow the code off your website, FB has a blank page and you can put in whatever you want
There is a way to merge two pages together as well, but won’t transfer the content
Get your pages together, then work on a strategy
Can use FB ads
Like the Food Trucks - now they RT each other’s locations, using your competition to help you
engage with other wine vendors
Use video - make your own or fine relevant content on YouTube
Give them what you know, what speaks to you
What do your customers want? Ask them!
Offer % off or free first glass of wine to those on FB to get them to come in
Be prepared for unfollows, but your real fans will stay
- Just Vino - How do we gain more fans/followers?
- Need to combine their Personal Profile and Fan Page - there is a way to do this