I was lucky enough to be involved with the Buffalo Chapter of Social Media Club, @SMCBuffalo, when it was first getting started by our chapter President, Nicole Schuman @Buffalogal and many other volunteers. Through my companies (@ASBuffalo) corporate membership I was able to attend and help plan events like TacoVino and beSOCIAL. The opportunities to network and learn more about Buffalo’s ever evolving social media community is always enjoyable and offers many valuable learning experiences.
The event was held at Artisan Kitchens and Baths, a beautiful venue in the Black Rock neighborhood. The venue also hosts the popular Nickel City Chefs cooking competition series, and was a perfect venue to talk about food. http://www.artisankitchensandbaths.com/
The panel was made up of four local “foodies” who have demonstrated exemplary use of online and social media. They were:
• Event - Nicole presenting Grow WNY Thursday 1pm FREE
◦ Foursquare Day - 4/16
• Is there a 3rd party tool that will allow tagging on Facebook posts? 3rd party apps don’t let you
◦ Try Bottleneck
◦ House/Car swaps through Social Media>AirBNB, GetAround, keep a %
• Apps> Highlight
◦ location based app, learn more about the people around you
◦ Lets you know when people are near proximity to you w/similar interests
◦ seems creepy
◦ there are too many apps out there!
◦ Might be cool at an event
• Habitat for Humanity
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Feb. 15, 2012
Contact: Nicole Schuman
SOCIAL MEDIA CLUB BUFFALO TO HOST PANEL ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND FOOD
Local foodies present their successes using social media
Buffalo, NY – Social Media Club Buffalo will host Buffalo Web Foodies on Wed., Feb. 22 at 6 p.m. at Artisan Kitchens and Baths, 200 Amherst Street, Buffalo. The panel will feature local food bloggers, restaurant reviewers, and food business owners who are using social media to get their message out.