How to Rawk SMCDallas
*originally posted on SMCDallas blog*
I thought I'd pass on a little insight on how to make the best of SMCDallas events. First, if you're wondering Rawk* was directly stolen from a panel I attended at SXSW '09. *I accept no responsibility for steal fun spellings of the word rock.
10. Stalkerific: I am an advocate of social media stalking, but only in the non-creepy way. Follow the conversations throughout the days (and weeks) prior to the event to see what's being said.
9. Dress to Impress: If you don't have a SMC Dallas shirt yet, bring $20 ... end of discussion. There's a cool kids club, price of admission one very awesome shirt designed by Alyssa Gardina.
8. Get your handshake on: Figure out before the event who you must meet at the event. If you've sharpened your stalking skills you will have already twitter stalked at least the leadership team. I'm just sayin'.
7. Do what yo mama taught you and say Thanks: Be sure to give a shout out to our fabulous sponsors. They also like Yelp reviews and for people *ehm YOU* to buy their products.
6. Bring bacon for Mike: or let us know your "how to rawk SMC" tip ... you decide
5. Spread the love: Tweet, Facebook, Blog, scribble on your moleskin your favorites from the event and be sure to pass the word.
4. Geekup Tweetup: The afterparty, be there
3. Buy (insert all speaker's names) a drink: If I have to spell this one out for you ...
2. Business Cards - we all haz them: Please for the love of Chris Brogan don't go shoving business cards in people's face.
1. Come back next time. Register early!
Disclaimer: My advice is 87% joking - there may have been caffeine, lack of sleep and inside jokes used in the making of this blog post. Hey if you can't laugh with your social media nerd friends who can you laugh with?
PS: Mike added on Twitter: Don't forget to check in on Foursquare at Moroch!
We want to hear from you ... how do you rawk SMC Dallas?