Event Recap: Murray Izenwasser: Using Video to Drive Your Social Search Program
On Feb. 15, 2012 at Inution Ale Works, Murray Izenwasser spoke to Social Media Club Jacksonville about the importance video plays in driving SEO and dominating search.
The 30+ of Jacksonville's finest from the blogging, marketing, social media, PR and entrepreneurship crowd enjoyed an hour of drinks and networking before grabbing their seats and listening to Murray enlighten them with video knowledge bombs. You can search the tweets by using hashtag #smcjax, and can also follow the presentation by looking through Biztegra's twitter feed.
In honor of Murray's presentation focusing on the importance of video, I thought it was only appropriate to vlog my recap. Please find it using the link below. It was my first vlog and I feel silly seeing myself on camera, but it really was fun to make and I can't wait to make more.
You can also find Murray's final thoughts and two main takeaways here.
Main Takeaways via Notes and Attendee Tweets:
- Vlogs allow you to connect on a different level than a 3rd party medium (text) & you can look into a person's eyes.
- Don't take yourself too seriously. Your videos won't be perfect and, in fact, imperfections make you human and help your audience relate to you. People love authenticity.
- "@EconTiff "@Biztegra #BIGSTAT: Videos are 53 times more likely than text pages to appear on the first page of search results (Forrester) #smcjax""
- "@TeeYoga "Sound is actually more important in a video than the video.""
- "@onideas: Most businesses don't think about keywords or tags to use in their video. #smcjax" It is super important to make sure you or your company have a list of keywords you always use. Google can't read your video for search terms.
- "@JimmyVinicky Most of @MurrayIz's videos are made with his iPhone no need for fancy equipment you aren't making a blockbuster.
- Don't just post to Youtube - also post to Vimeo, Blip.tv, etc...
Ideas for Videos:
- training videos
- expert interviews
- customer reviews. Have customers share their good experiences in 30 second videos. Consumers love seeing regular people with a happy experience.
On the behalf of SMCJAX, I would like to thank Murray for a fantastic and eye-opening presentation,. A huge thanks to all who came out, and for your great questions and energy.
If you would like to share any thoughts or experiences you have had using video, please do so in the comments section below. Let's continue the conversation.
I will leave you with these parting words from Murray "This is secret sauce, folks!"
Also, remember: "If you get it, share it!"