A quick "thank you" to those that made it out to November's event featuring Jason Sadler of I Wear Your Shirt! We had a great turnout, approximately 30 members, and had one unbelieveable presentation and speaker. A special thanks to Jason for taking the time out of your busy schedule to come speak to SMCJax - we learned a lot and enjoyed hearing your success stories.
Offical event recap and photos coming soon.
Looking forward to seeing all of you at our December event!
Join Social Media Club Jacksonville for a panel presention on Social Event Marketing
Wednesday, April 27 - Tilted Kilt (Tinseltown, old Dicks Wings location)
RSVP on Facebook: SMC JAX Event Page
Social Media Club Jax presents "Social Event Marketing", a panel of local entertainment specialists who’s main goal is to keep us entertained! We’ll discuss general event marketing but delve into how social media has changed the focus on the traditional event marketing mediums (Print, TV, Radio, Billboard) and even predict the future.
LOCAL LEADERSHIP TEAM/VOLUNTEERS
Social Media Club Jax is looking for help shaping the future of social media in our local area. We have identified a few roles that will help us move the club forward as the local organization of choice for all people interested in social media. These people form the leadership team of SMC Jax.
Partnership Director - Lauren Beyer (@ltbeyer)
Our activities wouldn't be possible without partners. We partner with other businesses and organizations to find topics, speakers and venues for future activities. The Partnership Director manages the relationships with the global Social Media Club parent organization, other important social media organizations (both national and local), as well as with local businesses and organizations interested in sponsoring or hosting upcoming activities. This person is responsible for:
- Managing relationships with SNCR and other national/local social media organizations
- Build and maintain relationships with, and identify co-sponsorship opportunities with, local marketing and technology organizations
- Identifying and managing the relationships with past and future event sponsors, co-sponsors and venues
- Coordinating with the Programming Director to find appropriate time slots, topics and venues for partner-sponsored events
- Coordinating with the Production Director to identify speaker and sponsor needs for each event
Programming Director – Stacey Steiner (@starpulp)
At the heart of the Social Media Club are great interactive events. The Programming Director manages all aspects of the activity calendar for SMC Jax. This person is responsible for:
- Developing and managing the schedule of events, including regular public meetings.
- Identifying topics for upcoming events
- Coordinating with Partnership Director to secure speakers and identify venues for events
- Securing speaker bios
- Preparing the event program for each public event, including agenda, directions and other special instructions
- Hand off event program to Promotions Director for publicity and Production Director for planning and coordination of event
Promotions Director – OPEN
Promotion is key to the ultimate success of our organization--and the earlier the better! This person is responsible for:
- Managing the Social Media Club JAX web channels, including Facebook, Twitter and the official SMC Jax page on socialmediaclub.org.
- Coordinating with Programming Director to secure program agenda for each event
- Promoting future events through all the above-named channels
Publicizing future events through online and traditional channels
Production Director – OPEN
This person is responsible for all aspects of event execution, including:
- Assuming responsibility for event program from Programming Director
- Scheduling and managing planning meetings with event sponsors and speakers
- Managing on-site signage, video, audio and lighting
- Coordinating food and drink with event sponsors and/or venue
- Staffing and managing event registration
- Managing development and collection of feedback forms
Managing giveaways and all-other on-site activities
Membership Director - OPEN
The membership director is responsible for three important roles:
- Managing the master membership list of Social Media Club JAX
- Promoting local membership in the global Social Media Club membership site
Managing the relationship with the global Social Media Club membership site
Digital Scribe - OPEN
- Responsible for recording the group's events, through words, photos video.
- Create recaps, including any photos or video, after each SMC Jax event.
- Coordinate with the Promotions director to get recaps published to SMC Jax website, Facebook and Twitter.
If you have ideas for other director roles or committees that will move the club forward, please email Lauren Beyer & Stacey Steiner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Club Jacksonville is expanding! We welcome everyone interested in becoming more involved with Social Media Club Jacksonville to visit us June 2 from 6:30pm – 8pm at the Coffee Grinder. If you're interested in becoming more involved, whether looking to fill an official role as a director or volunteering as your schedule permits, please come and learn more how the club is growing. If you cannot make the June 2nd meeting, please let us know you're interested by emailing email@example.com.