Social Media Club Montgomery
Benefits of Social Media Club
Social Media Club (SMC) started in March 2006 to host conversations around the globe that explore key issues facing our society as technologies transform the way we connect, communicate, collaborate and relate to each other. Social Media Club enables you explore your personal and professional passions by helping you connect with a community of your peers based on both geography and areas of interest. We exist to ensure that the world of Social Media does not become an echo chamber of self-reinforcing thoughts, but is instead fueled by diversity of opinion and perspective.
The global conversation on Social Media has continued to help build an organization and central location where a diverse group of people can come together to discuss trends and new technology. SocialMediaClub.org can be beneficial to members in many ways:
- Ability to sign up on Social Media Club’s email lists and social networks to connect with those who have similar needs and interest. This can also be based on geographical location.
- Access to publish in the Social Media Club Observer
- Discounts to the events organized by Social Media Club and its partner organizations and companies
- Opportunity to be listed under the Speakers Directory for Professional Members and to receive invitations to members-only events
- Access to jobs in social media industries are also listed on the member's section of the website
Perhaps most vitally, members will have the chance to meet with people just as themselves who are looking for an edge in managing their businesses or personal social media platforms. Members who are unfamiliar with all of the common aspects of social media will learn to confidently utilize and apply these technological advancements in communication to their everyday businesses.
Members who have advanced knowledge of social media marketing will have many others to bounce their new and innovative ideas off of, those of whom already know their language and can respond in kind.
The Montgomery chapter, founded by Laura Hicks and Danielle Zeigler with LWT, is forming the leadership and gearing up for our first meeting in May. Check back for details.