SMCSAC 2011 Accomplishments
Wow! What a great year our chapter had in 2011! We are gearing up to do even more in 2012 but I wanted to take a moment to savor our 2011 accomplishments.
- Held 13 events -- three "For Business" Workshops, seven presentations or panels and three #TheSocial networking meet-ups
- Live-streamed nine of our events
- Secured food and beverage sponsors for all of our workshops, presentations and panels
- Entered into repeat venue sponsor agreements with The Urban Hive and Drexel University Sacramento
- Launched #TheSocial -- our signature quarterly meet-up
- Closed our first significant sponsorship
- Became an "Official Chapter" of the global Social Media Club organization (previously considered a "community chapter")
- Achieved non-profit organization status through our "Official Chapter" status
- Organized free professional "Social Media Tune Up" consultations for over 20 local non-profits
- Held our first annual election of club officers in November
We're working on some fantastic programs for 2012, leading off with our "For Business" workshop, Incorporating Video Into Your Content, on January 19th.