Reorganization and Relaunch of Social Media Club of Salt Lake City (SMCSLC)
After what seems like an eternity of a hiatus, a resurgence is in the works for Social Media Club of Salt Lake City. We are back with some exciting plans for event formats, education, and networking with plans to kick things off this summer.
We’ll be getting information out in the coming weeks about what you can look forward to. In the meantime, we need your help. SMCSLC’s ability to flourish in the past was directly tied to the contributions of many people–not just a couple of leaders trying to shoulder responsibility. SMCSLC is looking for people excited about social media and who want to build Utah’s reputation. Whether you can make a minor commitment or something more, we’re looking for help in the following areas:
- Event Planning Assistance (securing sites/sound/lighting/seating for events)
- Live Content Assistance (securing speakers for events; coordinating photography, video, streaming, etc.)
- Web Content Assistance (managing site content including pre-event, post-event content, local social media news, SMC updates)
- IT Assistance (managing web properties, possible minor web design)
- Photography/Video Assistance (professional skills not required)
- Sponsorship/financial Assistance (management of funds, sponsorship money)
- Event & Utah social media news bloggers and/or promoters
- Project Management Assistance (helping leadership coordinate and communicate)
- Promotion Assistance (making sure everyone gets necessary SMC news/event info)
Submit your info using the form below. We’ll be holding an organization kickoff meeting in late April/early May where we’ll match interests, skills, and availability to teams and responsibilities. This is a great opportunity to expand your network of friends, build reputation within the social media community, gain experience, and give back. Even if you don’t know anyone in SMCSLC or don’t know where you would contribute best, we would love to meet you and help get you in the right seat.
We’re excited to get Social Media Club kicked off and presented in a way that everyone will love and will hopefully be a vibrant part of the community for years to come.
Krista Parry, Darin Berntson, Scott Cowley
P.S. Email Krista with any comments, questions, or suggestions (firstname.lastname@example.org)