For us, that small phrase conjures up images of the Mars Rover, epic displays of kindness and the kind of technology that has people talking all year. Yes, that phrase is synonymous with Gnomedex and Chris Pirillo. Here in Seattle, we are lucky to call both Chris and Gnomedex our own.
SMC Seattle July Event: Move the Needle!
Conversation and engagement are great, but alone do not drive the bottom line.
Kenji here. If you’ve ever attend a Social Media Club event, you might have seen me – I’m the guy walking around with a video camera . What am I doing? Well, as a SMC board member, my role focuses on creating video content for our community about our community. So more than likely, you’ll see me taking video of our event, the food, and most importantly the people. What I do with it is create a video, which can be seen right here on our blog.
Just like any startup that sees rapid growth, SMC Seattle has changed over the past year and a half. Given all those changes I thought it would be great to give an overview of what makes SMC Seattle events unique.
So below are 5 reasons to come check out SMC Seattle if you haven’t already, and to come again if you haven’t been in a while.
1) The People – The people that come to SMC Seattle events are some of the smartest and nicest people you will ever meet. You won’t see many business cards exchanged, but you will see a lot of great ideas being discussed.
2) Deep Content – After an initial outcry for more content at our events, we have put more resources into finding top quality content. No fluff topics, our goal is to have our speakers challenge your understanding of social media, and start conversations on topics you haven’t thought about.
3) Connect with Others – It’s amazing to see what has happened over the last year when people meet face to face. Startups have been formed, new careers have started, and deep friendships have been made.
4) Atmosphere – SMC Seattle events are always laid back, and casual. Simply come in, grab a drink and relax. It’s almost like being at a great bar, but instead of being stuck next to a guy on the corner stool with plumbers crack, you get to meet some truly amazing people.
5) It’s Cheap – Where else can you hear world-class speakers, eat some good appetizers, drink local beer and wine for only 10 or $15?
So don’t be intimidated. Bring a friend or co-worker, and if that doesn’t work ask your Twitter and Facebook friends if any of them are attending an event, and meet up with them
I’ll see you there!
SMC Seattle President
What are your reasons for attending SMC Seattle events?