Social Media Club Vancouver Event: Olympic Lessons!
Who: The Social Media Club of Vancouver in partnership with the Vancouver Blogger’s Meetup
What: Olympic Lessons: a panel discussion of social and antisocial media lessons from the Olympics
When: 7pm – 9pm Thursday, March 18th
Where: BOB Coworking Space, 163 East Pender Street, ground floor
Why: To review expectations vs outcomes in the context of social and traditional media coverage of a large, high-profile, complex, and geographically dispersed event.
TOPIC: Lessons of the Olympics: What Social Media Taught Us
A panel of social media and media experts will discuss the lessons social media taught us during the Olympics, and offer some takeaways to help you and your organization deal comfortably with the next huge, complex event to come our way (and you KNOW there will be another).
Our panel features:
- Kirk LaPointe, Managing Editor of the Vancouver Sun, journalism professor, and blogger
- John Biehler, citizen journalist, photographer, blogger and True North Media House member
- Laurent Piche, co-founder of Improv Everywhere Vancouver, flashmob impresario
- Colin Horgan, columnist at the Guardian and Olympic beat blogger for True/Slant
- Jonathan Narvey, freelance journalist, copywriter, blogger, co-host of the Vancouver Blogger’s Meetup
- Shane Birley, author of Blogging for Dummies, blogger, co-host of the Vancouver Blogger’s Meetup
- Moderator Colleen Coplick, founder of Type-A PR and the MissManifesto network
If you cannot attend, you can watch our panel on our livestream channel.