SMC Mile High Presents: The Power of Unpopular Book Tour
Wed. May 09 2012
7:30pm - 9:00pm
The Mile High Social Media Club and The Tattered Cover - Denver's premier independent bookseller - are pleased to welcome Denver's own Erika Napoletano during her book tour for The Power of Unpopular. She will be appearing at the LoDo location on Wednesday, May 9 at 7:30pm for a presentation and book signing.
To register for this event visit, http://denverunpopularbook-eorg.eventbrite.com/
Released on March 20 by John Wiley & Sons, The Power of Unpopular has received (gasp) rave reviews from across the business book world. The book made it's debut at South by Southwest Interactive 2012 to a standing room-only crowd (even when the audience was faced with the lure of free breakfast burritos just around the corner), and readers of the book agree: author Erika Napoletano brings a bit more to the business book table than the traditional knife and fork.
She'll cut ya with 'em.
About the Event
What you won't hear on May 9th:
- Quotes from the Dali Lama, Steve Jobs, or other fantastical figures.
- Case study examples from Apple, Southwest Airlines, Zappos, or other behemoth brands.
- Buzzwords like engage, overarching, pivot, or integrate.
- You'll laugh. Lord have mercy - why would you come to an event on a Wednesday night where you couldn't laugh? If you don't laugh during the event, Erika will happily tickle you so you get your money's worth.
- You'll change the way you think about how every brand you love became a brand that you love...and leave with inspiration to build the same type of brand.
- You'll discover the one reason you're allowed to be in business each day (and it's not what you think).
- You'll rethink "unpopular" and what it means to the success of your business...and perhaps, your life.
Erika Napoletano holds no fancy titles and is an expert at nothing except screwing up royally and learning from her mistakes. As the person behind theRedheadWriting online persona, she’s been hailed byForbes as a “spinless spin doctor” for her BS-free perspectives on business, marketing, branding, and life in general. She’s also a columnist forEntrepreneur Magazine and speaks at conferences across the U.S. – uncensored – on the inherent power of truth in business…or as she refers to it, the power of unpopularity. She has tattoos (!!!), two dogs, two cats, and is an avid yet mediocre cyclist. While lactose intolerant, she stands by her affection for both banana milkshakes and grilled cheese sandwiches and considers her iTunes library and a modest yet growing vinyl collection to be the collective Holy Grail. You can connect with her if your modern sensibilities allow on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest (don't judge).
**Please note that there is a $5.00 RSVP fee for this event and all RSVPs will receive a $5.00 Tattered Cover merchandise credit in exchange.
View the official Tattered Cover calendar event.