Social Media Hands-On Workshop | Bahrain International eGovernment Forum 2012
Mon. April 09 2012
8:30am - 3:00pm
Bahrain International eGovernment Forum 2012 presents Social Media Workshop produced by Social Media Club Bahrain.
This workshop is a brief introduction to the world of social media; helping to grasp the concept of the consumer behavior in today’s digital world and brief introduces social media and social media networks as a whole.
It will explain to trainees the importance of major social networks, how to get started, listen to conversations and hold great conversations as well as the techniques of sharing information understanding networks on a personal and on a business level.
Social Media Workshop - Objectives
* Training participants on the use of social media networks for social communication
* Employing social media platforms to serve the corporate goals.
* Increasing the level of awareness, promotion and clients’ services through social networks.
* Helping participants acquire intensive knowledge and professional skills in new media and social media
Social Media Workshop - Schedule
8:30AM – 9:00AM Registration
9:00AM - 10:30AM
• What is Social Media?
• What is UGC
• Google Search/hacks/apps/Reader
• Drawing a Digital Media Plan
• Social Media Monitor
• Social Media Reports
10:30AM – 10:45AM Social Break
10:45AM – 11:30AM
• How-To Facebook
• Facebook Profile
• Privacy settings
• Facebook Page
• Facebook Group
• Facebook Engagement
• Facebook Ads
• Facebook Contests
11:30AM – 12:15PM
• How-To Twitter
• Twitter terms
• Twitter sign up
• Gaining more followers
• Twitter Content Strategy
• Twitter 3rd Party Apps
• Twitter Etiquette
12:15PM - 13:15PM Social Lunch
13:15PM – 14:00PM
• How-To LinkedIn
• LinkedIn Profile
• LinkedIn Search
• LinkedIn Q&A
• LinkedIn Groups
14:00PM – 14:30PM
• How-To YouTube
• Custom brand YouTube background
• How to upload
14:30PM – 15:00PM
• How-To Blog (Wordpress)
• Registering to Wordpress
• Templates & addons
Social Media Workshop - Speaker
Khaled Elahmad is passionate about social media and has an ability to translate concepts into strong social media campaigns which connect with online communities.
Most recently he was Digital Director for the Jordanian Government, where he managed social media for the Prime Minister and the Government as a whole.
Also consulting public brands such as Foreign Ministry, where recently held a Twitter Q&A session and was broadcast live a couple of weeks before Obama's Twitter session, and the UK Embassy in Jordan. Also consulted and trained several private brands.
Has over 6,000 followers on Twitter and started plenty of hashtag such as #Top50JO #ReformJO & #Mish3aib which as are all positive initiatives over Twitter.
He was a speaker at Government Digital Media Forum in Dubai back in June 2011 and was appointed on the Advisory Board Also conducted a full-day workshop training for CNBC Arabia New Media Department.
Not to mention he is a member of Hillingdon Cresswell a communications management consultancy with offices in Europe and the Middle East in association with eHulool.com (Bahrain).
Past Social Media Workshops by the speaker:
- British Embassy in Jordan
- Prime Ministry Communication Department
- Foreign Ministry Private Office
- CNBC Arabia - Dubai Full-Day Social Media Workshop
- Twitter Workshop at 1st Digital Media Conference in Dubai April 2011
- Twitter 101 sessions for the general public
- Social Media basics & Skills Workshop December 4-8 2011
- ABCs of Social Media for Corporates December 17th 2011
- Social Media Workshop for Better Business Training Company December 29th 2011
Someone is talking about you or your brand right now out there in the social media world. Do you want to be part of that conversation?
Respond! Influence! > Engage! > Own the conversation.
Content is NO longer King, Online Relationships Are!
Participants must bring their laptops for the full day hands-on workshop.
Register Now: http://www.egovforum.bh/downloads/Delegate-Registration-Form.pdf
For more info; please contact events@SMCBahrain.org
Social Media Club Bahrain