Visualizing Social Media: A Picture Worth 1,000 Likes
Tue. September 11 2012
6:00pm - 8:30pm
With the steady rise of platforms like Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram and in the wake of Facebook’s continual Timeline changes, visual storytelling has become an important skill for brands and marketers to stay visible in the social media space.
In a recent study that examined engagement on the top ten Facebook pages, users liked photos twice as often as simple text updates and found that posts with videos were shared 12 times more than those with photo and text posts combined!
So how can you begin developing your visual vocabulary? Join us for a workshop presented by Sacramento website and graphic design firm Uptown Studios, who will bring visual storytelling into focus by sharing:
- An overview of how images and video impact social media engagement
- The platforms that lend well to visual communication and how to best leverage them
- Tips and tricks on how to create compelling visuals and some of the best resources available to create them
Who Shoud Attend:
Small businesses, non-profits, marketing professionals who have responsibility for social media content.
$15 General Admission
Free to Social Media Club (paid) Professional & Non-Profit Members
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for member discount code.
Drexel University, One Capitol Mall, Suite 260, Sacramento, CA
6:00 – 6:30 Check-in, "Eat and Greet"
6:30 - 8:15 Presentation, Q&A (live stream begins)
8:15 - 8:30 Wrap up & raffle prizes
This event will stream live via Drexel University starting at 6:30 p.m. Follow the event on Twitter using the hashtag #SMCSAC
Parking: Drexel University has arranged for a special self parking rate of $4 (cash only, small bills preferred) in the valet parking garage at One Capital Mall for attendees of the seminar. You must park before 6:30PM to use the garage and get this special rate.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
Venue and Live Stream Sponsor
Food and Beverage Sponsors
Fabulous Door Prizes!
- Day for four Sacramento Zoo package, zoo bag & plush animal - $70 value
- Family of four passes to Fairytale Town
- Pass for two tickets to B Street Theatre
- 1-year subscription to Comstock Magazine
- $25 off certificates from Jiffy Lube