Position Title: Interactive Marketing Manager
Supervisor: Director of Marketing & Communications
Issue Date: July 2012
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION –
Function – Manage and conduct all forms of digital communications for website and social media. Oversee Visit Evansville’s presence on Facebook and Twitter and
expand influence into Flickr, Pinterest and other popular social media platforms.
Successful candidate must:
- have strong knowledge of major open-source content management in order to direct and manage e-communications
- be experienced with Google AdWords to increase online visibility for VisitEvansville.com website
- be familiar with Google Analytics in order to monitor activity and measure effectiveness of online campaigns
- act as the voice of Visit Evansville to provide information and engage with visitors and prospective visitors to Evansville
- be available after hours to attend special events in order to post or tweet about them to audience
- develop blog using guest bloggers to provide alternative insights
Major Duties –
- Maintain and manage content on website including new and updated information, keeping Calendar of Events current and structuring interactive components, i.e. video, picture library.
- Work with director of marketing to develop, execute and analyze online strategies including Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other banner advertising opportunities.
- Optimize and track online search engine marketing strategy and provide monthly report to the director of marketing for evaluation.
- Develop programs to educate staff and industry partners on the use of emerging online technologies and strategies in order to provide support as well as opportunities for use on our website.
- Prefer B.A. or B.S. in marketing, tourism or interactive technologies, or the work-related equivalent. Prefer previous experience with managing websites and a familiarity with online metrics for measurement reporting.
- Must have extensive knowledge of online media, including social media, advertising opportunities and SEO that are either specific to or applicable to tourism related initiatives.
- Must demonstrate good spelling and grammar skills both online and in person.
- Must be professional, able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to take direction, to work with a team or independently and maintain the confidentiality of the workplace.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs. and some extended periods of walking/standing may be required as well as some evening and weekend duties.
This position is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefit package. Qualified applicants may submit their resume by mail or email to Evansville Convention & Visitors Bureau, 401 SE Riverside Drive, Evansville, IN. 47714, ATTN: Laura Libs or email@example.com
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, July 31, 2012. No phone calls will be accepted regarding this position.