March 12, 2010: Facebook Best Practices
Our monthly gathering is Friday, March 12, 6 p.m. at ING DIRECT Cafe!
This month we are mixing it up! Instead of a formal presentation, we are going to have an interactive questions and tips sharing session on Facebook best practices.
This Month: Facebook Best Practices – Questions and Tips
We?ve created a simple form for you to submit your question or your tip, to be shared at the event and posted online afterwards. This will enable us to foster more person to person interaction, so we can all meet each other and have more than a quick meet and greet conversation. We?ll be live-streaming as usual, and we will have a laptop connected to the monitors in case anyone feels the urge for a spontaneous “show and tell”! You are guaranteed to leave with a deeper knowledge of how to be a Facebook power user!
Some of the tips already submitted you will find answers to:
- Integrating Google Analytics to Facebook
- Using FBML to create custom tabs
- Targeting Fans and Non-Fans separately
- Increasing your brand visibility on your Facebook page
We want to hear your best practices!Â Submit your question or tip today!
Register Now! It’s free. And saves you time and hassle when you arrive on-site.
5:30 â€“ 6:00 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
6:00 â€“ 6:10 pm ~ Welcome & Announcements
6:10 â€“ 6:45 pm ~ Facebook Best Practices
6:45 â€“ 6:55 pm ~ Share It: Ideas, tips, questions and conversation
6:55 â€“ 7:00 pm ~ Announce slate of club volunteer & Wrap up
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau then left on Ala Wai and left on Niu St.). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
A few more important reminders!
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share. Please return any books you have borrowed previously as we like to keep the checkout period to one month.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with â€œsmchiâ€.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space. Mahalo also to Bare Feet Studios for covering all of our operational and marketing expenses.