May 14, 2010 at Social Media Club Hawaii
Our monthly gathering is Friday, May 14, 6 p.m. at ING DIRECT Cafe! Our topic is using social media in the financial services industry.
Featured Presentation: Frank Hamm
Our featured presentation is on the current state and trends in Social Media in Europe focused specifically on Germany.Â Â We will gain an insight on how different countries have different opinions on Social Media.Â Frank will share his take on how German companies look at command & control vs. open culture as well as share implementation cases in B2B and B2C.Â Frank has recently conducted a survey of approx 300 Public Relations professionals throughout Germany, Austria and Switzerland and will share his findings regarding online usage and Social Media adoption.
Frank has worked in different jobs related to Information Technology and is now employed at a bank in the Rhein Main Area in Germany.Â As a Manager of Public Relations in the Corporate Communications division he is in charge of the company’s intranet and website.Â An avid blogger (INJELEA.de), Frank writes about Enterprise 2.0, Corporate Communications, Corporate Culture, Public Relations and Intranet solutions.Â Previously Frank was an officer in the German Air Force before studying business science at the University of Mainz, Germany also recently completing a study of Public Relation at the PR PLUS institute.
Of special interest, Frank and his wife Manuela are spending a month vacationing in Hawaii, and they have built an entire social media project around their vacation! You can follow them on Twitter @hawaiitwentyten as well as on their blog, Hawaii Twenty Ten. They will have attended tweetups and meetups on Kauai, Big Island, and Maui by the time they join us on Oʻahu!
Register Now! It’s free. And saves you time and hassle when you arrive on-site.
May 14 Event Agenda:
5:30 â€“ 6:00 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
6:00 â€“ 6:10 pm ~ Welcome & Announcements
6:10 â€“ 6:40 pm ~ Feature: Frank Hamm: Social Media Trends in Europe
6:40 â€“ 6:50 pm ~ Share It: Ideas, tips, questions and conversation
6:50 â€“ 7:00 pm ~ Announce slate of club volunteer & Wrap up
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau then left on Ala Wai and left on Niu St.). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
A few more important reminders!
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with â€œsmchiâ€.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space. Mahalo also to Bare Feet Studios for covering all of our operational and marketing expenses.