Next Meeting: Fri, April 10, 2009
Our meetings are free and open to the public. We meet to share and develop best practices for using social media and social networks to build our personal brands, our businesses, and support our community.
The meeting proper is 5:30 – 7:00 pm.
Feel free to come early/stay late and visit at the ING Cafe.
5:00 – 5:30 pm Optional networking and meeting setup
5:30 – 5:35 pm Welcome & Orientation – Kelly Mitchell
5:40 – 6:10 pm Presentation: Introductions & Your Online Identity by Tess Staadecker & Roxanne Darling
6:10 – 6:25 pm Break & Mingle
6:25 – 6:35 pm Burt Lum, Notes from SXSW Conference in Austin TX
6:35 – 6:45 pm Tess Staadecker, Notes from Social Media for Communicators in Las Vegas, NV
6:45 – 7:00 pm Non-profit pro bono contest discussion & Closing
ING Direct Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave. Honolulu, HI
A few more notes:
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: smchi, socialmediaclub, socialmediaclubhawaii.
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group and add your meeting photos to our pool.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING Direct for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space.