Social Media Club (SMC) is looking for an organized leader with exceptional writing skills to be our new Editorial Director. The Editorial Director oversees thought leadership publishing activities, manages an editorial team, and edits and reviews submitted content. The ideal candidate is a seasoned writer with the ability to translate a variety of business concepts into sharable capital. The position is based remotely and works in conjunction with the rest of the SMC Board of Directors. The initial term of office for a director is a 1-year renewable term and requires a current SMC membership. Responsibilities include:
- Managing an editorial team and improving an existing editorial plan for publishing thought leadership.
- Coordinating with SMC partners to write, edit, and publish intellectual capital.
- Forging and maintaining relationships with selected third party publishing channels to publish SMC authored articles and blog posts.
- Leading other special publishing projects as needed, including refining SMC’s thought leadership development process, submitting content for other SMC thought leadership (e.g. social media education), and contributing to the content distribution plan.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in journalism or communications a plus.
- The ideal candidate has 5 to 7 years of writing experience and/or working in a professional services firm, technology services firm, or a social media related organization.
- Global business marketing and/or writing experience a plus.
Along with outstanding writing and editing talent, candidate must demonstrate:
- Ability to convert conceptual ideas and complex business concepts into compelling, sharable content.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the social media industry industry and culture.
- Maturity to maintain poise under pressure and lead a large editorial team.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to be proactive in bringing new, innovative ideas to the table.
If you are interested in this volunteer position please submit your cover letter and LinkedIn profile here.