Social Media Club (SMC) is looking for someone who lead our bold, new initiative in its 8th year. With an innovative new global image and as the largest professional organization in the world, SMC is well positioned to make an increased impact on the social media world as we know it.
The Communications Director has a strategic role on the global Board of Directors team. With a heavy emphasis on brand management, the Director develops the messages and implements a communications plan that includes print collateral and online activities and will set and guide the strategy for the website, public relations and print collateral that consistently articulate the SMC mission.
Qualifications for Communications Director
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the development and execution of marketing communications and public relations activities.
• A balance of creative, strategic and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations, web and email communications.
• Experience overseeing the production of newsletters for members/customers and prospects.
• Computer literacy in word processing, database list pulls, WordPress or HTML Web page creation and newsletter layout.
• Commitment to working with shared global leadership team and in cross-functional teams and committees.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Candidates will be required to work remotely, with the majority of communications coming from email, for the duration of their 1-year, renewable term.
• Candidates are expected to join an online board meeting that occurs every 2 weeks.
• All board members are required to have a current SMC membership.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association.
• Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, advertising or public relations preferred.
• Experience working with and managing volunteers is desirable.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and a LinkedIn profile for this position here.