#SMCHI Board of Directors Nominations Are Open! Are You A Good Fit?
It’s that time of year again, and as we are wrapping up 2013 with a Holiday Celebration Social, we are also preparing for 2014. This year has been monumental for Social Media Club Hawaii. With 13 board members, it is the largest board in history—let’s keep the momentum going! We are looking for enthusiastic people to serve on the Board for 2014.
Nominate yourself or someone using the form below
Opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Communications: organizing email, social and PR communications for SMCHI
- Social: managing SMCHI’s social profiles
- Email: creating and sending SMCHI emails
- SMCHI blogger
- Events and event support: Organizing and executing 4 public educational events
- Membership support: co-organizing member only and special events
If you are looking to expand your professional network, advance your knowledge and skills in best practices, ethics of social media, and have a chance to lead the conversation in Hawaii about social media, we highly recommend you consider joining the Board of Directors at Social Media Club Hawaii. Even if you are interested in learning more, please fill out the nomination form below.
Speaking for myself, Social Media Club Hawaii has advanced my professional and personal life in ways I never would have expected. I have met and connected with people I otherwise would have never been able to, and formed life-long relationships with the most amazing people. I have been challenged and overcame many of them with the support of the community, and my fellow board members.
Here’s how it works:
- Anyone, regardless if they are a member or not, can nominate. You can also self nominate, and we encourage you to do so!
- Upon submission, the nominee will be contacted by a member of the nomination committee and that person will provide you with more details on available positions and the responsibilities involved
- Nomination deadline is Monday, December 16th, 2013
- Acceptance deadline for approved nominees is January 3, 2014
- Voting of the 2014 Board of Directors to the membership January 13-17, 2014
- 2014 Board Member term starts February 1, 2014