August 10: For Social Media Professionals Only
Our monthly gathering is Tuesday, August 10, 6 p.m. at ING DIRECT Cafe! We’ll be upstairs in the Ali?i Board Room It hurts a little to type out this title, but this meeting is to reach out to and support those who are in the business of providing social media services. We are upgrading our professional association to version 2, and this meeting is all about talking shop! We hope the rest of you amazing people in Hawaii’s business community who have been attending our meetings will understand.
Event Agenda: 6:00 – 7:30 pm
- Review our accomplishments to date.
- Present the new and improved Social Media Club – the parent organization now with over 200 chapters.
- Discuss the implications for Hawaii re: the new membership structure and criteria.
- Brainstorm what role(s) our chapter can fill to build a stronger basis for social media practices locally.
- Share ideas for growing our businesses and educating the community.
- Explain the benefits of membership.
We do not plan to publicly live stream this meeting however we can conference call in our colleagues from the neighbor islands if you want to join us in real time.
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau to Ala Wai to Niu). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI
A few more important reminders!
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with â€œsmchiâ€.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space.