July 10 Meeting: Ethics in Social Media
Aloha Social Media Clubbers!
We look forward to you joining us next week on Friday, July 10 at ING DIRECT as we have a panel discussion on ethics in social media/new media. The moderator will be Andy Bumatai (pictured at left), and our confirmed panelists are Arleen Anderson (Internet Marketer), Nathan Kam (Public Relations at McNeil Wilson),Â Bill Sodeman (Professor of Information Systems and Business at HPU, and Erika Engle, Business Writer at the Star Bulletin). We do not expect any of the panelists to bear the responsibility of “most ethical” – rather, we are looking for diverse opinions and experience so we can have a lively, informed, respectful discussion on these sometimes controversial issues. There will be plenty of time for audience discussion and interaction too..
You can watch the uStream videos from this event here. There are four video clips; look at the time stamp to view them in order.
Our meetings are free and open to the public. We meet to share and develop best practices for using social media and social networks to build our personal brands, our businesses, and support our community. The Hawaii chapter is part of the international organization, Social Media Club, with over 40 active chapters worldwide.
5:00 â€“ 5:30 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
5:30 â€“ 7:00 pm ~ Panel Discussion
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau to Ala Wai to Niu). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave.
A few more notes:
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share. Please return any books you have borrowed previously as we like to keep the checkout period to one month.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group and add your meeting photos to our pool.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space.