June 8, 2010: Location-Based Social Networking
Everything is NEW this month! Please read closely.
NEW DAY: Our next monthly gathering is TUESDAY, June 8th, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.!
NEW FORMAT: Our topic is using location-based social networks. However! This month we are having an informal meetup to chat and socialize with each other; there will not be a formal presentation. There will be person to person information sharing! Food and drinks will be available for purchase; appetites are welcome.
We are mixing up our meetings this year: even-numbered months will be informal talk story get-togethers while odd-numbered months will have a formal presentation for in-depth learning and sharing. Come check in with your favorite geo-social app or learn what the heck we are talking about and how it might affect your business.
Read this article to get up and running fast on location-based social networks. We’ll be showing each other how the apps work on our iPhones and Androids at the June meetup. Hat tip to Tess Staadecker for sharing this article with us.
Register Now! It’s free. And saves you time and hassle when you arrive on-site. We very much appreciate it when you pre-resgister so we can plan accordingly to welcome you!
June 8 Event Agenda:
5:30 â€“ 6:45 pm ~ Informal Networking, Idea-sharing, Business Card Collecting
6:45 pm ~ Prize drawing; must be present to win. Prizes vary each month.
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
831 Queen St
Honolulu, HI 96813
A few more important reminders!
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with â€œsmchiâ€.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Fresh Café for hosting our event. Mahalo also to Bare Feet Studios for covering all of our operational and marketing expenses.