Next Meeting: Thursday, Nov. 12 – Video Sharing
Our monthly gathering is Thursday, November 12, 6 p.m. at ING DIRECT Cafe! November brings you everything you need to know about video and ideas for how to use video-sharing to build your brand and business exposure. You’ll also learn about the proper gear to get you started.
5:30 â€“ 6:00 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
6:00 â€“ 6:10 pm ~ Welcome & Announcements
6:10 â€“ 6:25 pm ~ Feature: Bruce Fisher: How Video Has Maximized Business Exposure
6:25 â€“ 6:30 pm ~ Case Study: Biz Kellam using video for her Real Estate Practice
6:30 â€“ 6:45 pm ~ Networking & Refreshment Break
6:45 â€“ 7:00 pm ~ Howto: Roxanne Darling: Short list of the types of video and tools needed for each
7:00 â€“ 7:10pm ~Â Show & Tell: Bruce and Rox will show gear and filming tips
7:10 â€“ 7:30 pm ~ Update with our nonprofit, Hanabuild.org via Skype, Open Mic, & Conversation
Featured Speaker: Bruce Fisher
Bruce and his wife Yaling run a Hawaii-based travel agency. They began podcasting early on, and have done extensive audio and video podcasts. Bruce also does a livestream video several times a week and will be talking to us about how video has extended the reach of his brand, affected his marketing strategies, and connected him with local people in Hawaii as well as customers throughout the world. Learn more about Bruce at Hawaii-Aloha.com.
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau to Ala Wai to Niu). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI
A few more important reminders!
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share. Please return any books you have borrowed previously as we like to keep the checkout period to one month.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with â€œsmchiâ€.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space.