September 11 Meeting: LinkedIn Expert Tom Trenz & Facebook Tips
Our monthly gathering is Friday, September 11 at ING DIRECT Cafe! We are starting at 6:00 pm this month to give you more time and less stress to get there.
The Featured Speaker is Tom Trenz (pictured at right), who will be talking advanced uses of LinkedIn, the business networking site. Tom is a power user and he will show us how to build your network and your expertise (and save time) by using the tools available.
Thomas Trenz is an entrepreneur with international business consulting experience, specialized in Web Development, Online Marketing and Social Media Integration. Born and grown up in the Southwest of Germany, close to the French border, which explains Thomasâ€™s love for food and good wine, Thomas has 25+ years experience in B2B consulting and sales. Hawaii has been his home since 2000. He has overseen the completion of more than 400 websites and started his own company Hi Net Associates in 2008. He enjoys helping Non Profit Organizations, like the Lanakila Foundation, the Forbes Foundation and the National Kidney Foundation Hawaii, just to name a few. In June 2008, Thomas was the co-organizer of Hawaii’s largest marketing conference with 35 top speakers, educating small businesses about free and low cost ways of successful marketing.
Facebook Insights via Crowdsourcing
We are going to open this up to Twitter in advance and to all attendees live in the meeting to debate “Fan Page vs. Group” and other FB user tips. You’ll be saturated with ideas once we are through with this item! Feel free to add your tips on Twitter too and be sure to add @smchi.
NonProfit Social Media Project Update :
We have been busy helping get our nonprofit, Ma Ka Hana Ka ʻIke, get active on the social web. Please take a moment and check out the progress on their new WordPress blog:
Kirsten and Rick will be joining us via video chat to update us on what they have been learning.
Our meetings are free and open to the public. We meet to share and develop best practices for using social media and social networks to build our personal brands, our businesses, and support our community. The Hawaii chapter is part of the international organization, Social Media Club, with over 40 active chapters worldwide. Let us know you’re coming on Twtvite – an event invitation tool on twitter. You can also let us know you are coming via our Facebook Event.
5:30 â€“ 6:00 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
6:00 – 6:10 pm ~ Welcome & Announcements
6:10 – 6:40 pm ~ Feature: Tom Trenz, LinkedIn
6:40 â€“ 6:55 pm ~ Networking & Refreshment Break
6:55 â€“ 7:15 pm ~ Facebook Insights Crowdsourced
7:15 – 7:30 pm ~ Video Chat with our nonprofit, Open Mic & Conversation
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will be live-streaming here.
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau to Ala Wai to Niu). Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI
A few more reminders:
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share. Please return any books you have borrowed previously as we like to keep the checkout period to one month.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it: #smchi
- If you take pictures, please join our Flickr group, add your meeting photos to our pool, and tag them with “smchi”.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space.