August 14 Meeting: Twitter Tools & Blog Power
Our monthly gathering is Friday, August 14 at ING DIRECT Cafe!
The Featured Speaker isÂ Dan Zelikman (pictured at left), who will be talking tools and tips for Twitter. This is not an introduction to Twitter but a more in-depth, advanced presentation on how to use Twitter as a strategic business tool. Dan is the lead strategist for all things digital media at StarrTech Interactive. He plans and designs digital marketing strategies while monitoring implementation, analysis, and optimization throughout the campaign.
His current client roster stems from Hawaiiâ€™s travel and tourism industry with companies like Kapalua Resort, Polynesian Cultural Center, Waikiki Parc, and Marriott Hawaii. Dan also handles the digital and social marketing needs for Bank of Hawaii, Hawaiian Telcom, and AIG Hawaii. With concentrations on efficient targeting and measurement, Dan is known for his obsession for detailed analytics and a strong return on investment for his clients.
NonProfit Social Media Project Update & Blog Power:
We have been busy helping get our nonprofit, Ma Ka Hana Ka ʻIke, get active on the social web. At our June meeting we helped them strategize an online identity, and secure screen names across several social platforms. Since last month was our special event on Ethics in Social Media, we worked behind the scenes with them to start a WordPress blog. This month, founder Roxanne Darling will give a short presentation on why a blog is better than a traditional website and we will share with you the progress being made on the Ma Ka Hana blog too.
Our meetings are free and open to the public. We meet to share and develop best practices for using social media and social networks to build our personal brands, our businesses, and support our community. The Hawaii chapter is part of the international organization, Social Media Club, with over 40 active chapters worldwide. Let us know you’re coming on Twtvite – an event invitation tool on twitter. You can also let us know you are coming via our Facebook Event.
5:00 â€“ 5:30 pm ~ Optional Networking and Meeting Setup
5:30 â€“ 5:40 pm ~ Welcome & Announcements
5:40 â€“ 6:10 pm ~ Feature: Dan Zelikman, Twitter Tools & Tips
6:10 â€“ 6:25 pm ~ Networking & Refreshment Break
6:25 â€“ 6:40 pm ~ How To: Roxanne Darling, Blog Power
6:40 â€“ 7:00 pm ~ Case Studies & Conversation TBA
Live Video Stream
If the Internet cooperates, we will beÂ live-streaming here.
Parking is available in the rear, or if full, you can use the empty lot around the block on Niu St. (Kalakaua then left on Pau to Ala Wai to Niu).Â Here is a Google map to give you the visual orientation.
ING DIRECT Cafe
1958 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI
A few more reminders:
- Bring your business cards and your business colleagues!
- We have started an informal lending library. Bring a book if you want to share. Please return any books you have borrowed previously as we like to keep the checkout period to one month.
- If you blog or Twitter about this event, please tag it:Â #smchi
- If you take pictures, pleaseÂ join our Flickr group and add your meeting photos to our pool.
- Speaking of pictures, social media events generally have people taking photos, live-streaming video, and posting real time updates on Twitter and their blogs. We can assist if you prefer to stay under the radar; just speak to any of us before the meeting begins.
- Mahalo to Cleo Brown and ING DIRECT for hosting our event and providing valet parking at their spectacular space.