Submit Your Social Media Accomplishment for 2011!
UPDATE: Free Webinar to learn how to make a 1 minute video for this event. Jump to the bottom of the page for details!
This is our Second Annual celebration of your work and success in social media,Â the Hawaii Social Media Year in Review (#HSMYIR).
True to the commitment of our global Social Media Club – If you get it, share it!, we’re opening it up for everyone to share their social mediaÂ accomplishmentsÂ in 2011, the end result will be a digital “brag board” of sorts. We’re inviting you to tell us about your social media activities, so we can tell the world! Whatever your social media accomplishment for 2011, we want to hear about it and help you celebrate it! Â Nothing is too large or small. From opening social accounts to creating campaigns, everyone is growing in the social media sphere and we’d like to celebrate it all!
This year we talked a lot about video and how it can be used in the social media sphere, so in the spirit of that topic, this year’s submissions be via video. We think video will create an impactful and unique presentation for this year’s #HSMYIR at the year end party on December 13, and Â the best part is, you’ll also have an asset for you to use on your site! We’ll be giving tips on how easy this can be to do – so not to worry if you have never done video before.
Our guidelines for submission are simple:
- All entries must be based on the tools and concepts of social media.
- Each person is limited to a maximum of three entries (In the event of more than three submissions, we will ignore all but the first three.)
- Submissions must be your own work, not the work of others. They may be on behalf of a client.
- Submission is by video, uploaded to www.vimeo.com and an accompanying form submission (below.)
- Videos must be a maximum of one minute in length.
- Accomplishments can be large or small – all are welcome so long as the above criteria are met!
- Open to ALLÂ based in Hawaii (not required to be a SMCHI member).
- All entries must be received by the deadline (UPDATED AGAIN): NOON December 13th.
Here are several ideas for how to create your social media accomplishment video:
- Make a Keynote or Powerpoint presentation and export as a movie file.
- Make a talking head video right from your computer webcam.
- Make a video from your iPhone and interview your client or colleagues and show us the business location.
- Take pictures and make a moving slideshow from them.
We are seeking prize sponsors. If you or your client are looking to get in front of a digitally connected crowd, this is a great opportunity for you! Please complete our sponsorship form here! For more information on sponsoring particular elements of the event, please fill out the form as well!
For More Info:Â
This is a free web hosting site that allows you to create a free account and upload HD videos. We will be able to curate a list of all valid entries and it will create one place online where we can watch and discuss all of the entries.
HSMYIR Submission Form
Feeling stumped about how to make your video submission? Roxanne Darling is giving a 30-minute webinar on Sunday night to give you several ideas!
WHEN: Dec 11, 2011 at 8:00 PM HST.
Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) – a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (510) 443-0603
Access Code: 209-352-446
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 209-352-446